With the publics burgeoning desire for aesthetic and anti-aging treatments, comes the same number of providers wanting to fill those needs. In days gone by, patients choose their cosmetic doctors primarily by word-of-mouth. Doctor reputations were earned by results and longevity used. While this still has significant importance today, associated with of paper and visual media and in particular the internet, has enabled a doctor to shape his credibility and reputation way ahead of what years of experience could similarly do. Such digital and electronic exposure can be extremely helpful or could also be potentially deceiving to prospective patients.
Beyond the glitzy advertisements, well-crafted websites, and free seminars with wine and food, what are some helpful criteria that can guide patients on whom to trust to undergo the cosmetic knife, needle, or laser? Many of your most basic criteria are very known and have been published many times in a different place. Evaluating training, education, and board-certification are absolute basics and tend to be relatively easy to conclude. Of this group, the substantial question is.are you board-certified.and in what specialty? Once past these basics, however, the next confidence level can only be gained in an actual consult. Someone’s website can get of which you the consultation chair, but what you learn you will find more informative than any brochure if you know what to look and listen for. I would focus on these issues:
1) Did the consultation feel like an educational experience or a sales presentation?
2) Where treatment methods presented and researched.or was only one treatment approach
3) Was time given to answer all your difficulties.and a way to respond to questions that may
4) Were actual before and after procedure photos created by the doctor you are seeing shown when it comes to method to view them provided?
5) Was meeting actual patients whom have had the procedures offered regarding option? Were
these patients whom have had surgery had it globe past three months so that their memories are organic?
6) Finally, once home, did the doctor and his office feel right? Did the consultation send you to
feel more at ease and secure in your choice?
In the end, an emotional connection which includes a sense of security will be the final layer in the choices process the actual built on the foundation on the doctor’s education, training and certifications.
SKIN CLUB – COSMETIC DOCTORS
150A Chapel St, Windsor VIC 3000, Australia
+61 3 9999 7368